Lime Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches
Chicken.. First, a bit of background: I next to never eat chicken. I never really liked it much for one. And my second reason is my pet chicken I had as a kid named, Lucky. He was rescued from the butcher house, had no beak or claws. He lived for years outside at my house and was a constant reminder to not eat chicken.
Enter my newest “eat healthy and detox often plan”, chicken is actually a good dinner meal so I’d been looking up recipes lately to give it a try again. I ran into this super-yummy recipe on Pinterest over the weekend and though I’d give it a try. I modified it to fit a 2 person meal and fired up my grill last night.
Making this dish is simple:
- (You can choose to split the chicken breasts of use 1 full per sandwich
- Squeeze lemon juice on chicken breasts
- Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper
- Grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done
- Grill pineapple 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned
- Spread mayo on bottom halves of buns, top each with chicken, 1 pineapple slice, 1-2 basil leaf, and 1 bun top. Serve immediately.
It was really good and now is added to our regular recipe database!