Mongolian Hot Pot
We had a special treat on Christmas Eve this year! If you have a fondue pot, you can also have one of these truly fun dinner experiences together with your guests. Just make sure you have a few hours set aside as this experience should stretch over the entire evening’s hours!
Mongolian Hot Pot (sometimes referred to as just Hot Pot) is pretty much a stew you slowly make with your guests by preparing a base broth and cooking beef and additional veggies over the course of the meal. At the end you can add a few additions to the broth and enjoy the flavorful concoction as a soup or as we found yesterday, it’s yummy to eat along the way through dinner itself. Find our more about the traditional Hot Pot here.
One of the keys to this dish are the dipping sauces. You can use all sorts of sauces from hot sauce, ginger sauce, tariyaki, wasabi paste, and much more. Basically the more the better for a yummy experience.
Let’s get started!
- Arrange vegetable and beef platter before guests arrive
- Bring Beef Broth to a boil in your large fondue pot.
- Add Green Onions, Garlic, Mushrooms, Cilantro, Ginger and Soy Sauce
- Simmer for 15 minutes
- Add in some veggies to your liking.
- Spear beef strips with fondue forks and cook in broth for 3-5 minutes
- Spear vegetable and meats, and cook in the bubbling broth until tender
- Dip cooked beef and vegetables into desired sauces
When all the meat has been eaten:
- Add cooked Egg Noodles to broth
- Add remaining vegetables to broth
- Simmer for about 5 minutes
- Serve portion to each guest in a bowl
This is really fun, makes a beautiful table and memorable experience your guests should all remember. And it’s also super easy to setup! What are you waiting for?