Every Sunday, we have crockpot day at home (or slow cooker whichever is popular in your region), so I decided to share the tastiness here! Each week, I’ll bring you a new recipe to dine on!
Today it’s Stuffed Pepper day! I modified this recipe, originally my mother made this growing up in the oven. It was always comfort food for me, with great memories. So, I have innovated it and make it my own way now. Here goes.
Next up, let’s get started! Well first, you’re going to need about 5-8 hours cooking time so plan this out well!
- First, cook up your beef and onions on the stove. They don’t have to be ultra cooked since they are going to cook in the pot, but halfway is good.
- Meanwhile, cook your rice if it’s not cooked yet.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef and rice with seasonings, 2 containers of diced tomatoes, salt and pepper, and italian seasoning. Set this aside.
- Pepper time! Sit the peppers straight up, if they don’t sit stable you can cut a tiny bit off the bottom to level it out. Now cut the tops off about half an inch from the top, reserve the top you can cook that too and it looks great when presenting.
- Now it’s time to assemble. Stand the peppers up in the crock pot. Stuff each pepper with a good amount of the ground beef and rice mixture.
- On top, place a dollop of butter (optional) on each then pour tomato sauce (required!) on.
- Pour in 1/3 cup of water around the bases of the peppers, put the top on the cooker and don’t touch it! You can set it for 3 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
When it’s done:
- scoop our your peppers very carefully (they are so tender they can fall apart easily)
- cover them in shredded cheddar cheese
- get ready to freak out at how yummy they taste when cooking like this all day.