Easy Vegetarian Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
Looking for a healthy alternative to the general hohum of dinner routine? Try this one on size! If you live in Holland you can get all the ingredients at the Albert Heijn, if not you can pick up alternatives. This is a quick throw it together type of meal, very easy, very fast, and VERY tasty.
- Once pan is good and hot, apply a thin layer of olive oil. Add the cubed tofu and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and fresh black pepper. The ingredients should immediately sizzle when they hot the pan, otherwise, turn the heat up. Cook for about 7 minutes, tossing often and spraying with oil as necessary, until it’s nicely browned.
- Transfer tofu to the baking pan or bowl, and proceed with the broccoli. Apply a thin layer of oil, toss in broccoli, add a pinch of salt and fresh black pepper. Cook until broccoli is charred and bright green, about 5 minutes. Cover the pan between tosses, so that it cooks faster. Transfer to the pan with the tofu.
- Now proceed with the onion and peppers. Apply a thin layer of oil, and toss in the onions and peppers (or the veggie stir fry mix). Spinkle with a pinch of salt and fresh black pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes, it should be charred but still crisp.
- Transfer the tofu and brocoli back to the pan. Now we’ll finish it off with the sauce, mix and heat until all is hot.
- You can serve this over rice or noodles or just as it is.
- Top with peanuts and some fresh avocado for the perfect touch. Super yummie!